Health and Safety Precautions and Protocols Implemented to Protect Staff and Golfers
The Government of Ontario announced May 14th that golf courses can open May 16th under new guidelines designed to maximize physical distancing and limit the number of contact points where the virus can be transmitted. Salt Creek Golf Links has implemented the following procedures:
- The clubhouse doors will remain locked.
- Golfers will be able to pay for golf via a “walk-thru” window located on the north side of the building heading towards Hole #1.
- Debit/Credit preferred and the machine will be wiped after each use.
- The clubhouse bathroom will be available upon request. Only one (1) person at a time will be allowed into the clubhouse to use the bathroom.
Golfer Arrival & Departure
- Golfers must have pre-booked their tee-time by phoning the clubhouse in advance. No “walk-ins”.
- Golfers must be ready when it is their time to golf and should not leave their car more than 15 minutes prior to their tee-time.
- Golfers must practice proper physical distancing while waiting to tee-off. After completion of their round and returning their golf cart, golfers should leave for their vehicles. The clubhouse back deck will be off-limits until June 1st (at the earliest).
- Locker storage will be open with one (1) person permitted in at a time.
- Golf carts will be washed after each use.
- Keys will be left in the cart all day in “on” position.
- Golfers are asked not to return the key.
- Golfers will be asked and directed to return carts to a designated area at the rear of the clubhouse.
- Golfers will be asked to remove and dispose of any garbage in a designated garbage can.
- If golfers travel to the course in a single car or live together, they may ride in the cart together.
Halted services until access to the clubhouse is permitted
- Sale of clothing.
- Club rentals.
- Pull cart rentals.
The course will be removing
- Bunker rakes.
- Garbage cans.
- Ball washers.
Golfers can receive from the window
- Scorecards with pencil.
- Golf balls.
- In an effort to create sufficient space between groups, we will schedule tee-times in ten-minute intervals, however, if we notice group bunching up, we may have to incorporate some marshaling and/or further space out the tee times.
- We will work towards offering food and beverage sales in the coming days.
- Cups (on the greens) will be inverted so golf ball can be grabbed near the top of the hole.
- Bathrooms on course will remain and will be sanitized frequently throughout each day.
- Clubhouse and course staff will be following a series of onsite health and safety protocols. All procedures will be revaluated on June 1st with direction from the Government of Ontario to see if we can begin providing some services that had been halted.
- We will be adding a note to the scorecards to remind people of some of these restrictions.
- Booking restrictions may be imposed with reservations too far in ahead.